Integral UK has just released a new line of SSDs, the Crypto, the Full Disk Encryption solution for Windows desktops and laptops.
Featuring AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption so you can encrypt and protect your sensitive data and get the speed, reliability and power benefits of SSD.
Once encryption is set, a valid user name and password is required to access the Crypto SSD prior to system boot.
Available in four different storage capacities: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB, these 2.5-inch SSDs are equipped with MLC NAND Flash memory chips, a SATA 3.0 Gbps interface, TRIM support and can deliver read and write speeds of up to 240MB/s and 200MB/s, respectively.
Price & Availability
The 32GB, 64GB, 128GB and 256GB models are priced at 128.99 GBP (about $200), 169.99 GBP (about $265), 230.99 GBP (about $360) and 301.99 GBP (about $470), respectively.
Integral Crypto Features:
- MLC-NAND Flash Technology
- SATA II 2.5″
- SATA Revision 2.6 compliant
- TRIM option
- S.M.A.R.T. option
- Power management supported
- 128MB DDR Cache Buffer
- CE and FCC certified and RoHs compliant
- Drop-in hard disk drive replacement for laptop/notebook
- Supplied with 2.5″ to 3.5″ fixing kit to aid installation in desktop PCs
- Rugged Design – The electronics are sealed in tamper-free epoxy resin and then shielded by a steel outer case
- High-speed Read/Write – up to 240MB/s
- Quick Boot – Using a solid state disk in place of a traditional hard drive can cut your desktop computer or laptop’s boot time in half
- Shockproof – no moving parts, so a greater resistance to shock and vibration than HDD
- Silent operation – no spin or seek time
- Low heat – a more comfortable user experience
- Low power usage – laptop battery will last far longer with SSD than HDD
- Endpoint security software compatible – The Integral Crypto SSD operates comfortably with endpoint security solutions by using the configurable unique ID feature, which is part of the software
- Warranty – 2 Years
- Hardware Encrypted Crypto SSD is compatible with Windows OS:
- Windows 7 (SP1)
- Windows Vista (SP2)
- Windows XP (SP3)
- Compatible SATA interface and power connections
- USB port (to load/run SSDLock software)
- Encrypted SSD – a solid state encrypted hard drive
- Mandatory, military level security with AES 256-bit hardware encryption – better protection than a software-only solution.
- FIPS 197 Validated – Certificate No. 1832
- Multi-lingual interface – “SSDLock” GUI in 13 languages
- Ideal drop-in replacement for a standard hard drive in a desktop computer or laptop
- Master and User Dual Passwords – As an option an Administrator can set-up a user password and a master override password. If the user forgets their password, the Crypto SSD can be unlocked by the Administrator and the user password reset
- Full Disk Encryption (FDE) – All data stored on the Crypto SSD is encrypted (including the Operating System)
- Secure Entry – Encrypted data cannot be accessed without the correct high-strength 8-16 character alphanumeric password. Before use a high-strength password must be set
- Brute-Force Password Attack Protection – Encrypted data is automatically erased after the default 6 failed password attempts (password attempts configurable to a maximum of 20)
- BIOS Independent – Crypto SSD security system runs independently of your system BIOS
- Anti-Clone – Crypto SSD cannot be cloned once encryption is set