NetGear has brought out a new Wi-Fi booster, the WN1000RP, to help users get a stronger Wi-Fi signal in the dead areas of their home or office.
The device supports only 2.4GHz Wi-Fi B/G/N bands and plugs directly into a wall socket for quick and easy installation.
The WN1000RP Wi-Fi booster supports several security standards such as WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, mixed mode and WEP.
Price & Availability
The NETGEAR WiFi Booster for Mobile will be available at major retailers in summer 2012 starting at $40.
NetGear WN1000RP Specifications:
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA /WPA2-PSK) and WEP
Ease of Use
- CD-less installation
- Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)1
- Extend Internet access for wireless devices like iPads, iPods, laptops, smartphones, e-readers, and more
- Repeats 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi signals from devices made by NETGEAR and other brands
- Dynamic LEDs display real-time network connection status
- 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz wireless router or gateway
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Google Chrome, or Safari 1.4 or higher
- Dimensions: 67 x 55 x 34 mm (2.64 x 2.17 x 1.34 in)
- Weight: 0.1 kg (0.22 lb)
- WiFi Booster for Mobile (WN1000RP)
- Installation guide
- Warranty localized to country of sale
NetGear WN1000RP Features:
- Boost WiFi:
- Amplify your network by boosting the WiFi signal around the house and even outside on the patio
- Ideal for Mobile:
- Extend your WiFi network for mobile devices like iPads, iPods, Android tablets, e-readers, smartphones, and netbooks
- Reduce mobile data charges:
- Reduce 3G/4G mobile data usage by connecting to WiFi while at home
- Enhance Existing Equipment:
- Keep your current equipment and improve coverage to eliminate WiFi “dead zones”
- Easy Install:
- Simple install for all devices using a browser, no CD needed
- Push ‘N’ Connect:
- Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) allows for a quick and secure connection
- Optimal Coverage:
- Real-time LEDs locate the best placement spot to provide optimal WiFi coverage
- Universal Compatibility:
- Extends b/g/n WiFi signals from any existing WiFi router or service provider gateway like Belkin, Linksys, D-Link, AT&T™, 2Wire, Verizon, EarthLink, NETGEAR and others‡
- Superior Security:
- Works with all security standards including WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, mixed mode and WEP
- NETGEAR Green Features:
- Power on/off button, 80% recycled packaging
Netgear’s Centria WNDR4700 & WNDR4720 USB 3.0 2TB Gigabit Router
Netgear has launched yet another high performance and incredibly well-featured router.
The new device is powered by a powerful 1 GHz processor and comes with an HDD bay that can handle a disk with up to 2 TB of capacity.
The official denomination of the new drive is Netgear Centria WNDR4700, but the company is also launching the WNDR4720 that bundles with a 2 TB HDD inside the box.
Both models come with two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports - which are up to 10 times faster t ... »
NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router
NETGEAR today introduced the industry’s first ADSL2+ 802.11ac integrated router, the NETGEAR D6300 WiFi modem router.
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router enables HD video streaming and gaming throughout the home for an optimal entertainment experience.
It supports combined WiFi speeds up to 1600 Mbps, which is up to three times faster than 802.11n.
The NETGEAR D6300 WiFi Modem Router also includes a separate gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connecting to either high-speed c ... »
Netgear R6300 – World’s First 802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi Router
Netgear has today announced the world’s first 802.11ac WiFi router, the R6300, capable of speeds over 1Gbit/s on wireless.
The Netgear R6300 should be able to provide wireless connectivity up to three times faster than existing 802.11n routers. But overall speeds will vary depending on the environment and surrounding obstructions.
The new router is powered by Broadcom’s 5G WiFi chip, which is backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n. The R6300 is also dual band, with ... »
You can follow us on Twitter to keep yourself updated with latest Technology news around the globe.